2013년 3월 11일 월요일

Personal Narrative

My Special Graduation

 
It was February 7th. I was at the second graduation ceremony of Younghoon International Middle School. However, I didn’t know what I was supposed to do and most of all, couldn’t believe the fact that I was now a high school student rather than the one in a middle school. Even though leaving a school may be a sad, difficult event for all students, I think mine would have been more than others.

Before starting a new grade, there is another short term that you have to go to school right after the winter vacation and before the spring break. I had planned to do everything with my middle school friends that I couldn’t do before. However it all vanished after I realized the fact that I needed to go to the high school even before the graduation.

I went to KMLA, and it was the week that I had to go to school, my middle school, and had graduation ceremony. Since everything was new, the week passed so quickly, and it was finally the day before the graduation ceremony. I packed up, and left for my real home in Seoul.

I had my phone left mistakenly at my home for the past week, so I was unable the check the class and messages that people had sent. When I checked my phone, many of my friends had sent messages about the graduation. Other school friends uploaded their pictures during the last week, and uploaded their status. I was isolated. Even though I had spent whole three years with my middle school friends, I was not there where I was supposed to be in the last week. That was the time that I felt the loneliest in my past sixteen years.

           During the graduation ceremony, everything looked like another play and a show was going on, and that was mainly because I didn’t have time to prepare to leave. Many students started to cry beside me because unlike other graduation ceremonies, our school’s was very calm and somewhat impressive. However, I couldn’t. I even almost cried while watching the first wavers graduated, but I couldn’t when I was. I was contradicting myself, and I didn’t that fact. The ceremony flew like a slow breeze in the air, and I thought that I was floating on the clouds for the whole hours that the ceremony took place.

           The worst thing that ever happened on that day is that I couldn’t take pictures or spend time with my friends and teachers after the graduation ceremony. I needed to ride the bus and return to KMLA. Because of that, I am not in anyone’s picture nor is in photo albums published.

           However, I am now used to my new life in KMLA. It is true that graduating my beloved middle school was very hard and sad for me. Still, I believe that my middle school is always there where I can reach at any time, and that it provided me such a great foundation for me to excel in high school. Now I know and feel that this is not the end. There are much more steps to take, and this is another new day.

0 개의 댓글:

댓글 쓰기