2013년 6월 24일 월요일

Who Killed Our Beloved Teacher?

International middle schools are a big issue nowadays.  However, the media is not reporting the whole picture.

          In the cold December of 2009, when I was still an elementary student, I visited a middle school. There, I picked a small circle box. I slowly opened it. Inside the box there was a marble. A blue one. A beautiful blue marble. Hurray. Now I finally got in a some kind of place called“International Middle School.

커튼으로 가려진 영훈
          
          In the cold February of 2013, when I still was and felt as a middle school student, I graduated.
          I came to KMLA. I was just one of the numerous students who were lucky enough to be accepted by great high schools. Still, I was quite proud of myself that now I am a KMLAnian, and I visited my school on May 20th wearing hanbok.
영훈국제중학교 교감           KMLA chose the wrong day for the graduates of our school to visit. On that afternoon, all bad news about our school were spread to the whole media. Acceptance of the Samsung child led the whole country to put a very negative eye on our school. When I was walking around the school, I saw a black truck coming. Our teacher immediately told us to go directly into the school, as fast as we can. The people who stepped out of the car, were obviously curious reporters.
          Even though the majority think that our school did something wrong, and even if it is true that the school did something, the media overly exaggerates and manipulates many parts. I once thought of engaging in media in future, but after I knew that media is full of manipulated facts and swaying innocent people’s view by killing one thing completely, I was seriously disappointed. Media is not a place where people can get objective and fair views, but rather a place where people gain happiness by killing one thing.
                          
That’s Media.

       
        On last Sunday, vice principal passed away. He was found hanging on the stairs of the first floor. That’s the place where we walked through the most when I was in the middle school. Our vice principal was like a grandpa to most of us who we saw and talked at least 5 times a day. He loved us, we loved him too.
         He must have felt that the future is not going to get any better. He made a really big, difficult, sad, and somewhat wrong decision. However, what media did was something that a human being could not do. The media dumped up the whole problem to our teacher and said that he died to hide the things that he did when he was alive.
          I am very sad and angry at the same time that the media that I trusted so much was only like this. The graduates of our school are very shocked, and also mad that SBS’s “그것이 알고싶다-수상한 배려, 귀족학교 반칙 스캔들” swayed the people’s view again.
          However, as a student who attended the school thoroughly through three years, know that things broadcasted by SBS is not true. For instance, we never even knew who were facing economical hardships. Also, the student who was expelled did do something very insane, and that wasn’t just simple and minor as reflected on the screen.
          It is a fight between 1 vs 99. When it is 1:99, even though 1 is correct and right, it is hidden. However, hidden one diamond will definitely shine one day, and our vice principal will also rest in peace.

0 개의 댓글:

댓글 쓰기